December 8, 2009

WHEN WILL THE INSANITY STOP!!!!


Here is an e-mail that I sent to Adam Chodack with Channel 9 News just a few moments ago!

Hi there Adam, I never heard back from you regarding my daughters socks and all the research that was completed with that. Did the story fizz out?

I have hit a new issue that I am even more fired up about. Again dealing with my daughter and a medication that she is taking for her seizures called Sabril. Until a few months ago this drug was not legal here in the US. Now the FDA has approved it, but the only way to get it is through a program called the S.H.A.R.E. Program. Once an application has been submitted and your neurologists has filled out the forms, signed and faxed in to them, they contact your insurance company to see if they will pay for this drug and if so, which of the four pharmacies in the US that is allowed to distribute it will they accept.

Until this program, we have been paying $132.00 for a ONE month for this product through a pharmacy called "Caligor" in New York. Since my daughter has been approve through SHARE and our insurance company has accepted this pharmacy, "CuraScript" in Orlando and we have received one order. TO MY OUTRAGE THE BILL FOR A ONE MONTH SUPPLY IS $2,400.00!!!!!!!!! ARE THEY FREAKING KIDDING?

I have called SHARE 888.514.5204 and have got the run around, was transferred 4 times with hopes to speak to a

"SALLY BENJAMIN YOUNG" WITH...

Lundbeck Research USA Company Information

Company Name Lundbeck Research USA, Inc.
Headquarter 215 College Rd
Paramus, NJ, 07652-1400
lundbeckresearchusa.lundbeck.com
Country USA
Phone Number +1.201.261.1331
Industry Healthcare, Pharmaceuticals, & Biotech
Employees 100 - 250
Revenue $10 - 50M
Ownership Privately Held

Which after being put on hold for about 10 min. was unable to be located. The lady that I spoke to Maisy or Daisy gave me some run around that there are only 25,000 that are on this dwarf drug in the US and that the FDA required millions of dollars to be spent on testing before it could be approved. She said there are many reasons as to why the price is high, but could not tell me any of them.

LUNDBECK WELCOM PAGE SAYS:
We are a research-based company. We engage in research to find new drugs for treatment of CNS disorders, include ing depression, schizophrenia, Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and insomnia. These are serious disorders. They affect not only patients, but also their families and friends. Besides the stress of having a CNS disorder, patients are often exposed to prejudice because, in many sections of society, there is still far too little understanding of how adversely a CNS disorder affects an individual’s life. We have taken upon ourselves the task of improving quality of life for persons with a psychiatric or neurological disorder, and we are working intensely to find and develop new and improved drugs. We believe that we can make a significant difference, and we are happy to do so in cooperation with others.


Funny I just found this on them....
Lundbeck accused of cornering drugs for infant ailment
Posted on December 7, 2009 5:47 PM
The Federal Trade Commission and Minnesota state officials offered opening arguments Monday in their case against a company that bought the only two drugs used to treat infants for a genetic defect and then jacked up the prices. U.S. District Court Judge Joan Ericksen presided over what is scheduled to be an eight-day bench trial against Lund beck Inc.'s purchase of two competing treatments for a rare infant heart condition, known as patent ductus arteriosus, or PDA.

I CAN NOT GET THE WHOLE STORY!!!

Can you help in anyway??? I don't know where to go but AGAIN, I wish to EXPOSE these criminals!!!!!! From above, it looks to be that they are already being accused for a different drug!

ARUGH... THIS IS discrimination once again against the ones that are in need! WHERE WILL THIS END? PLEASE HELP ME GET THIS STORY OUT IN THE PUBLIC EYE!

Your thought and consideration if greatly appreciated!

Tamara Cochran
Owner/Photographer
TCPHOTOJOURNALISM
720.212.9133
http://www.tcphotojournalism.com


CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Oh..Great Letter! I hope it gets you somewhere..I am to Christ like to say what my human nature would like to say to those ppl!..Keep fighting..IT WILL make a differance! God will use you for these ittle one I know He will!..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh my goodness....I can not even believe this. How can people do stuff like this....just so frustrating. I will be praying that these people get caught and the correct actions are taken. I hope that you are able to get the medication you need for Abby for the next go round with out having to deal with any issues. I am sure you are pulling your hair out about stuff like this when you are so busy with so much other stuff....you just want your daughter to get the medication she needs and the insurance company to pay the bills and you the remaining dollars as needed....but of course it has to be a HUGE ordeal!! I am so sorry you are having to go through this...

    on another note....I have been thinking about your school...hope all is going well with that...just a few more weeks and you are done. Tom talked to Matt last week....glad they have been able to stay in touch. We will chat soon. I am praying!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's disgraceful. yeah, I understand companies need to make a profit, but geez.

    An online friend of mine's child has IS and is on ACTH to try to stop the seizures. Cost of a 1 month vial -- $30,000! That's more than my car!! And she required 4 vials.

    Here's a link to her post about it:

    http://quinnscrusaders.blogspot.com/2009/10/31-for-21-so-whats-most-expensive-thing.html

    ReplyDelete

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Girl

My Sweet Girl

FAMILY TRIP TO ROME JULY 2009