August 6, 2009

And the hits just keep on coming!

Phew, just when you think your heading towards a breathing period, boom something else comes up and ya just got to keep on keeping on! So much has happened, too much to post on, some little and some big! I'll give it a quick go...

* We lost Rachel to another job, so I am out nursing three days a week
* Abby's paperwork for school was not turned in on time (schools fault) so she is now registered at another school~ ARUGH
* Abby for two weeks now has had screaming bouts followed by big seizures
* Her medication has changed and she is now on the highest dose of Sabril which is costing us a fortune!
* We are working on riding her of three stubborn sty's
* She no longer tracts things, so I am not so sure she is able to see, at all.
* My back has lapsed back to being outta whack and will most likely get worse as I have big periods with no nursing and lifting Abb's is a must for her care
* To Rome and back ~ fantastic
* Over 1000 photos to edit and print and put together
* After 7.5 weeks of putting up my mom she finally found relief for her PFD issue
* To Durango and back ~ fun and tireing and ouch... my back!
* New found 7 extra pounds that won't go away!
* Hussle and bustle schools has started again ALREADY!
* Two boys in football, 2 different practice fields, 2 different game schedules
* New workout schedule in play to kick off these unwanted fat friends ~ I'm serious this time!
* Working on 4 websites to update for friends
* Working on my photography site to get it published and running
* Waiting for channel 9 news to finish interviews with docs so we can interview
* "Looking" for employment in North Carolina
* Cleaning house
* Paying bills
* Resolving medical claim issues
* Matt's moms cancer count has sky rocketed
* She is fighting bronchoitis which she got while in Rome
* Preparing meals 5 times a day for growing boys who are eating us out of house and home at 7 & 9!
* Trying to remain sane
* Had our pooch shaved and now she looks like a rat literaly ~ Matt can't stand the little black fur balls everywhere
* Trying to trust God and draw close through it all

But I still have my sense of humor and am just taking it all one day at a time!

How are you all doing?

11 comments:

  1. OMG! How are you managing? I can't imagine. Are ya'll moving??? How did I not know that. I am praying for your sweet Abby, your mom in law, you mom, your family and YOU!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl, 7lbs.....Im pushing 50 here:)
    Im so sorry, I hate saying that. First of all Im typing it, and second so many people say that. I hate wondering things. As Im sure you do when Abby screams out, is she scared, or in pain. Wondering if she can see. There arent the right words. Keep pushing through, everyday. You can do it. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poor girl! You definitely have a lot on your plate! I'm glad to hear that you are keeping your sense of humor and holding tight to God! It's the ONLY way!

    Are you guys looking to move to North Carolina? I'm so sorry to hear about Matt's mom! Praying that Abby's seizures get under control! I'm sorry that you are going through so much!

    I'll be praying! Love, Hugs and Prayers!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tam...sweet friend...my heart goes out to you and all your heart and body are juggling right now. Take deep breaths in the middle of it all and know that the Lord holds you all in his hands. Remember the set of footprints in the shifting sand is his, not yours.

    "God says to me:
    Peace Be Still!
    I am your home in these seas.
    Place your foot here.
    Stand on me.
    And live.
    'There is no other rock. I know not one.' Is. 44:8"
    ~Ann Voskamp of www.aholyexperience.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow....I don't think you can even call that a full plate...I would say a HEEAAPPPINGG plate. Been praying and will continue to pray for you. Think about you guys lots....been visiting your blog to get updates. Glad to see you had a wonderful time in Rome.

    Hugs and Kisses ~ Jen, Tom and Brees.

    P.S. I say go for the NC job...CA is crazy!!! It took Tom and I 3.5 hours to drop a few things at a friends house and went to dinner( a quick taco place...nothing fancy)....all this about 20 minutes from home!!!! Oh sweet CA traffic!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, sorry you are having a rough time right now. Praying things improve very quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hang tight my good friend. You definitely have a lot going on right now. You amaze me that you are able to keep it all straight and stay in good moods for most of the time.
    I hear the whole gaining weight thing. I say every summer this is the summer I'm really gonna get going and get in shape and each summer I feel I end up gaining instead. So I too have said it's time to get rid of all this unwanted extra. I'm going to join a gym I think it's just trying to find the time to go.
    I'm so sorry to hear about Abby's screaming bouts. I know how it tears at your heart as you try to console her and it doesn't work.
    Don't give up. Even though it seems far away you will make it through all of this and God will be your guide all the way.
    On a side note, I finally read that book the Shack. Made me think about a lot. Thanks for suggesting it.
    Praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. what's that saying??
    "What doesn't kill us, will only make us stronger."

    Hang in there Tam. You're doing a wonderful job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, that would pretty much describe my life -- that and some more. But I love it. I really do. Humor helps. Knowing that nothing ever stays the same helps. Knowing that today's problems will be replaced by different problems tomorrow make today's problems easier to manage. I figure we have only one life, and I might as well enjoy it. As they say, we may not be able to control what happens to us, but we can control how we react to it.

    React with humor, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. But He knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold. Job 23:10

    ReplyDelete
  11. It never seems to end does it? praying for respite. I like Gwen's choice in Bible verse. Very appropriate.

    ReplyDelete

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Girl

My Sweet Girl

FAMILY TRIP TO ROME JULY 2009