June 2, 2009

Just A little Color

Alicia and Gavin,

I am proud to tell ya that you've inspired me to do some "color enhancement" around our home outside. Here are my attempts at beautifying our home and getting in the dirt to plant... of course these are close-ups, but know they are in the ground... my back will testify to this!

I also got gutsy and planted gigantic pumpkin seeds which I am proud to mention have actually sprouted. We will see how far they will get and I will be astonished if we get anything orange! Time will tell as both my thumbs have no shade of green in them!






After 6 hours of tending to my landscaping, Abbs did good in the back of my van... (yes of course I fed and changed her!) She was so happy back there just kick'n it and listing to music! If you have a van with a deep pocket like this one and have those grocery bag hooks, put a soft rug down, hang some toys, turn up the tunes and enjoy your time outside! Only works if your little one can't sit and crawl... I guess this is some sorta weird blessing for me, but hey I'll take it, I truly did enjoyed my time digging in the dirt listing to the cracking of thunder rolling over head!

5 comments:

  1. I lvoe the beautiful colors you planted and also that beautiful girl in the back of the van. She looks like she is enjoying her day outdoors. How is your mom? I hope all is going good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty and I love the pic of her in the car!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are honestly...one of the most creative moms!!!! I totally have that van...excellent idea. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tamara, you are always so brilliant!!! You need to write a book for special needs mommas! The van idea is a great one!

    As for gardening...I don't have any green thumbs, trust me! My husband does though! I love flowers and try to beautify our yard a little each summer, but he does the vegetable garden with the boys. FYI: We have pumkins each year and it's so fun to pick our own each fall, but we have had lots of trouble with grubs. (Some type of bug that likes to eat the stem of the pumpkin plant.) Anyway, they end up falling off their vine too fast each year and they don't get to grow as big as they could, plus they ripen too fast this way. But, this year someone told me that if we put cayenne pepper in water and spray it on the vines, the grubs won't bother them. So, if you see these grubs on the vines, start sprayin!

    Your flowers look BEAUTIFUL!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous flowers! How cool that Abigail could enjoy your time outside too - very ingenious use of that space ;-)

    ReplyDelete

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Boys

My Sweet Girl

My Sweet Girl

FAMILY TRIP TO ROME JULY 2009